Sunday 25 May 2014

Utterly confused about media coverage

I'm blanking on what to write about, so I'll feebly excuse myself until tomorrow.

I will leave with a parting thought. Alongside the European Elections, we also had a whole bunch of local elections. What makes me confused is the accepted story on how UKIP did really well, and Labour not so much. This is weird, considering that Labour made net gains of over three hundred seats, and took many councils outright, where UKIP, whilst having a bunch of seats, were shotgun scatted giving them precisely... jack shit. No councils taken, no not even being the opposition for a council. For fuck's sakes, the Green Party has a council, and is an opposition! That's not even including the fact that it looks like UKIP's percentage share of the vote went down compared to the last council elections.

So what I ask you is this - if this is Labour doing badly, and UKIP doing well, what the utter fuck would Labour doing well and UKIP doing badly look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment