Sunday 6 April 2014

My politicians are scum. What's new?

Remember when I once talked about how being able to vote on your own pay rise is a thing that's so staggering stupid and open to corruption I was amazed it lasted as long as it did in my country? I mean, I figured, of all the self-serving bullshit in my country, at least that was out, and all is well. Tragically, it turned out I wasn't quite right, because it turns out something else my elected representatives can do it vote on their own policing AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

SERIOUSLY.

THEY DO THAT. WOW. NO WAY THAT CAN GO WRONG!

So I guess you know what's pissing me off today!

(And incidentally, I should put forth that this is an opinion piece, because, yeah. I able to sling some shit here.)

Sadly, as this is the internet, I must point out it is her actions that anger me. Her gender has nothing to do with it. Fucking internet bullshit.
Culture Secretary, Maria Miller, come on down! It turns out you claimed just a shade over ninety fucking grand for a house you shared with your parents - real prick move, by the way - and to add to this misery, the investigation declared she only had to pay back around £45K. No, not jail time from kinda sorta thieving from my country, oh no! Just pay back half, you've learnt your lesson.

You know, if it ended there, I'd be pretty damn angry. Oh, but wait, we have more! You see, she appealed to House of Commons Committee on Standards (a panel mostly made up of fellow MPs) and that declared she should only have to pay back £5,800.

Ah.

Ah ha ha.

Haaaaah.

No.

That little shit can go to fucking jail.

She claimed money from the taxpayer she knew she wasn't entitled to, from my country, that in my opinion is theft, she can go to fucking jail. You want to step up and call the sick, the old, the disabled, the young, the unlucky as thieving scroungers and this happens and it's all right?

She loses her job, and goes to fucking jail, right the fuck now. But she isn't.

And if it ended there, I'd be livid. Oh, but wait, we have more! You see, when when the Telegraph was investigating all of this, they got a phone call from Craig Oliver, a senior aide to Davy boy, who raised the point of the Leveson inquiry like the sword of Damocles over this investigation. So yes, that's a goddamn threat to the media who for once were actually doing some investigative journalism for a change. Oh, and since she's apologized, apparently, that's it, get back to work people, we're drawn a line under this whole issue. I mean, the apology came in at just over thirty seconds people, how repentant can you get?

I lack the vocabulary to express how utterly angry and disgusted I am with our elected representatives right now.

I don't give a flying turd that there's been some debate over how interest rates means that how much she took versus what she was eligible to take - I don't care. \It wasn't second house and she knew it. In that case... say it with me: She. Fucking. Stole. It. She wrote down what she was owed - knowing that she wasn't - and took it. In my opinion, that is stealing, and I don't know how else you can interpret those actions. The end.

I am trying so hard to not have this post break down into angry screaming and I'm clearly not succeeding. But I am so done with the two-faced nature what we seem to accept our leader do by rote.

You know what, IDS? You know what you people could do to stop this expenses stuff 'eating away at the credibility of Parliament'? I'll tell you. You can have the police arrest people who claim fraudulently. You can have people in Parliament who commit crimes face consequences.You can stick them in jail and deny them from working in Parliament again. You can hold all of you to a higher standard, and those that don't make the cut can fuck off.

Because you're in Parliament. You shouldn't get second chances. Because you are running the whole bloody country. You shouldn't have the luxury of mistakes. And if you think that's harsh, perhaps you people could try using the grey matter between your ears next time you consider half-assing something.

That'll never happen though. Wouldn't want to enact something that fucks over your friends, hey?

My contempt is so much now that I can taste bile. Well done.

I left on a gif, thus I ended on a light note.





No comments:

Post a Comment